In interview, outgoing House Speaker Ryan says he doesn't see himself ever running again

House Speaker Paul Ryan said in an interview Wednesday he doesn’t expect to ever run for political office again.

“I really don’t,” the Janesville Republican said.

“I always sort of thought when I took this job, this would be the last elected office I’d have, which I’m fine with,” Ryan said after announcing his decision to retire from Congress this January, ending a 20-year career in Washington.

“I never thought of myself as a lifer in politics, let alone a lifer in Congress. And so I really don’t know what I’ll do next,” said Ryan, who spoke at length with the Journal Sentinel and reporters from three other news organizations.

“I wouldn’t mind being ambassador to Ireland in my 60s,” joked Ryan, who is 48.
continue at JS

No comments: